Why SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of Refuse
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment.
Call us today here at SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury on (905) 717-9279
Ready For Any Emergency!
Disasters can strike your business at any time, whether it is a pipe bursting, a fire occurring, or mould growing. It has been estimated that up to 50% of businesses may never open their doors again after a disaster happens. One tool that SERVPRO of Richmond Hill can provide to you to help you avoid this unfortunate conclusion is to be prepared, with our SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile (ERP).
Being prepared is an integral component in responding to a disaster of any size, from the smallest leak to a basement full of water. A well-constructed plan reduces the time and stress required to make it through a disaster and the best time to make a plan is well in advance. It is always better to plan for “when” instead of “if”.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is the first step that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information.
By working with SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury and developing a personalized ERP you will take the Proactive > Reactive approach. Get your facility on the right track to dealing with disaster! Call Us Today (905) 717-9279
Never clean up Raw Sewage on your own!
Cleaning up raw sewage on your own is something you should never do!
#1 – It can be hidden. – Any SERVPRO crew member can tell you stories about customers that decided to clean-up their own feces only to call in weeks or months later complaining about smells and disfigured walls, cabinets, and floors. Sewage will find its way into any and all porous surfaces. Even things like drywall and cabinetry aren’t safe. And it’s not as simple as just spotting the sewage with your eyes. It requires state of the art equipment, which SERVPRO has, to identify areas that have been damaged by sewage. So unless you have an infrared detection system handy and know how to use it, call SERVPRO.
#2 – It can be costly. – Times are difficult for everyone and money is tight. It’s easy to justify doing it yourself instead of paying to have SERVPRO clean and disinfect for you. But today’s shortcut is tomorrow’s nightmare! Again, you’re dealing with a toxic situation that if not handled properly can create very real health dangers for you and your family. Not only that, if not properly mitigated, you could be looking at a serious mold issue in the not so distant future on top of all of the other issues described above. And if you think sewage cleanup is costly, wait until you’re stuck with a bill for mold remediation services! At least your sewage clean-up is covered by insurance…that’s not typically the case if you’ve got mold and it’s the result of you not taking appropriate measures when dealing with the sewage issue that created the mold!
Storm Damage ? Call Us ASAP
SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition. Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration costs.
What to Expect
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
• Your name and contact information
• Your insurance information (if applicable)
• The street address of the water-damaged home or business
• When did the flooding or water damage occur?
• What caused the water damage (if known)?
• Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today: (905) 717-9279
Fire Safety Tips for Commercial Properties
Here are a few fire-safety tips focused on keeping the workplace safe.
Keep your workplace clean and organized. Mess contributes to fires by providing more fuel to the flames and by limiting access to exits and emergency equipment.
Place all oily/chemical covered rags in a seal-able metal container. Dispose of this waste on a regular basis.
Keep machinery on an appropriate maintenance schedule and keep to it, to prevent overheating and sparks.
Report all electrical hazards immediately faulty wiring is a common cause of fires along with and malfunctioning electrical equipment. Never attempt electrical repairs unless you are qualified and authorized.
Have easy access to all electrical control panels. Clutter and equipment stored in front of the panels slow down your ability to shut down the power in emergencies.
Use and store chemicals safely. Read the label and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) to determine if the substances are flammable or hazardous in any way. Provide proper ventilation when using and storing these substances.
Smoke only in designated areas and extinguish smoking materials safely and thoroughly. Never smoke in storerooms or chemical storage areas. Never exposes areas containing chemicals to open flames of any variety.
Never block sprinklers, firefighting equipment, or emergency exits.
Have an emergency information list near telephones. The list should include emergency numbers, company address, and fire evacuation plans.
Learn the location of all fire extinguishers and how to properly use them.
How to Prevent Smoking Fires
Smoking is one of the leading causes of civilian home fire deaths. smoking materials started fires that caused 21 percent of home fire deaths. One out of four victims were not the smoker whose cigarette ignited the fire.
- If you smoke, do it outside. Many smoking fires begin in the bedroom or living room with fabric, paper, or other flammable material.
- Use an ashtray. Don’t Throw cigars or cigarettes into bushes or leaves.
- never leave e-cigarettes charging unattended or overnight. Replace batteries when they get wet or damaged. Don’t play with safety features.
- smoking where medical oxygen is used is very dangerous. It can make materials ignite more easily and fuel a faster and bigger fire.
Do what you can to prevent a fire.
Flooding in Basements
If your basement or crawl space gets flooded, you may want to save your personal belongings without thinking. However, you really don’t know the danger that can be caused, the water level may be high enough to reach electrical outlets or it may also be sewage water.
Avoiding potential dangers:
- Do not enter this space until a professional arrives assess the possible danger and shuts down the electricity.
- Gas leaks are frequent after flooding. So, you need to access the gas line and shut it off.
- Flashlight are pretty handy in these situations, also you need to wear the appropriate clothing. Gloves are also vital.
- If this is a case when you know where the water is coming from and it is sewage water avoid entering the water at all. Entering sewage water can make you very ill.
Now that you have received the ok from a professional you may now enter the space and start retrieving your personal belongings.
Storm Damage on Commercial Properties
Storms and inclement weather can bring wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding that can devastate any business in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike, and storms don’t just strike during regular business hours; that’s why SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury offer 24-hour emergency service 365 days per year.
Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give our Professionals a call and they’ll be there fast with the help you need.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Storm and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (905) 717-9279
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether it’s a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood.
Winter Weather Preparation Tips
Tips for Preparing for Winter Weather
- During cold spells keep cabinet doors open. Allowing warm air to circulate around pipes
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the pipes for faucets, run through unheated or non-insulated areas of your home.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to "off".
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, causing a damming effect on gutters, which could lead to roof problems and water damage.
Proper maintenance of your furnace can help reduce the risk of puff backs.
Flooding and Storm Damage
Storm and flood damage require specialized restoration techniques and equipment. When a storm hits your home, you need the company with storm damage experience and expertise. SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
SERVPRO of New Market/East Gwilliumbury specializes in Storm and flood restoration Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network Franchises across North America and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the Country.